PMG.net Inc., the technology leader for enterprise service catalogs, today announced the release of two new tools that empower companies to document and deploy their first online service catalogs and service management portfolios. Sparked by the high volume of requests for PMG’s service catalog templates, PMG created Microsoft Excel and HTML-based templates that speed catalog development while providing a direct path for deploying its fully actionable service catalog.
Discovering and documenting enterprise services is often a preliminary step in the creation of an actionable service catalog. PMG, in partnership with ITin3D, has developed two new tools to speed the process. Leveraging thousands of examples, and the technical expertise from numerous service catalog projects, the new tools incorporate that knowledge in easy-to-use Microsoft Excel or HTML templates.
“Most service catalog projects stall when migrating from documenting their enterprise services to an actionable service catalog,” says Joe LeCompte, a PMG principle. “These templates ensure that our clients quickly achieve successful deployment and start realizing almost immediate cost saving benefits,” LeCompte concluded.
Once created, these new templates can be imported into PMG’s Service Catalog Suite— a fully actionable service catalog solution that combines the best features of e-commerce, Enterprise Application Integration (EAI), and Business Process Management (BPM). PMG’s service catalog offers numerous capabilities and return on investment opportunities:
- Dynamic web-based forms
- Online ordering and self-service via Shopping Cart
- Measurable Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and Operational Level Agreements (OLAs)
- Demand Management via differentiated service levels, priced options, and demand forecasting
- Financial management including configurable priced services, cost allocations, budget vs. actual, and full departmental charge-backs
- Fully configurable views for Business Service Catalog, Technical Service Catalog, and Service Portfolio Management
- Comprehensive Service Portfolio and Service Lifecycle Management
- Bi-directional integration with any existing systems and tools, including virtually every ERP, CRM, and ITSM tool on the market
- Full end-to-end business process management (BPM) and Service Request Management (SRM) workflow automation, including approvals, task assignments, and dynamic creation of help desk tickets. The templates included in the new tools span several corporate departments including IT, facilities, telecom, and HR.
PMG offers the most comprehensive, yet flexible and easy to use multi-lingual service portfolio management solution available. PMG’s service request and fulfillment suite leverages deep experience in e-Commerce, portal deployment and collaboration. This solution is the combination of:
- PMG iRequest: an e-Commerce online catalog and request system
- PMG iDeliver: a BPM suite providing powerful EAI and workflow
- PMG iCollaborate®: a content management and collaboration engine
PMG’s built-in connectors provide out-of-the-box integrations with SAP, PeopleSoft, Microsoft SharePoint, Active Directory, Sun Identity Manager, LDAP, e-mail, and most leading help desk applications such as BMC Remedy and Service Desk Express, CA Service Desk, HP Service Center/Manager, IBM Maximo, Microsoft SCCM, Numara Footprints, Marval and numerous others.
These free tools are available via the PMG website, ITin3D’s website, or the Service Catalog Professionals group on LinkedIn.
PMG is the technology leader in the rapidly growing market for IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL)-compliant Service Catalog software. More than 500,000 IT professionals worldwide have become ITIL certified. PMG’s Service Catalog suite combines its iRequest, iDeliver and iCollaborate software solutions into a feature-packed powerhouse. Since the launch of its service lifecycle management software in 2006, PMG has established its technology leadership and continues to grow its client list among Fortune 500 companies as well as midsize enterprises worldwide. For more information, please visit pmg.net.