The Internet has simplified the way people live. With the ability to keep up with friends and family around the globe, buy virtually anything, do online banking and even file your taxes in just a few keystrokes, the Web has streamlined how we tackle everyday interactions. But along with the conveniences, it has also given us cyber criminals who can spread viruses that can wipe out your files and infiltrate your computer to gather personal information, like account codes and passwords.
The good news is that with a few simple-to-follow tips and the right computer security software, you can protect your personal information and have a safe online experience.
Online Usage Tips
- Avoid questionable websites, such as adult sites and file sharing sites
- Use varied and complex passwords for all your accounts, including online shopping accounts, bank accounts and social networking sites
- Only download software from sites you trust
- Regularly update your operating system and browser security settings
- Install computer security software that updates regularly and provides up-to-the-minute protection
- Use antivirus protection, a firewall and antispyware software
What to Look for in Computer Security Software
When it comes to shopping for computer security software, antivirus protection and antispyware software, online reviews and industry awards make it easy to find best-in-class solutions to protect your personal information. But knowing how to choose the right solution to meet your needs takes a little additional research.
Just a few of the things you should look for include:
- Customer care: Can you get free U.S.-based phone support and 24/7 email and web assistance?
- Is there a no-questions-asked “money back” guarantee in case you’re not satisfied with the product?
- Can it provide 360 degrees of protection by blocking, detecting and removing threats?
- Will it give you up-to-the-minute protection against new and emerging threats?
- Is it easy to use and easy to install?
Internet security company Webroot offers a wide range of award-winning computer security software solutions, including the antivirus/antispyware software that boasts the #1 technology for blocking and removing malicious threats. To find the software that’s right for you, visit http://www.webroot.com/En_US/consumer.html.