Cogent Computer Systems, a USA based provider of embedded ARM and x86 SOMs (System on Modules), introduces a new addition to the popular CSB17xx Product Family. The CSB1790 is a tiny System-on-Module built around AMD GX-420CA 2.0GHz quad-core SoC with a built in high-performance Radeon HD8400E GPU. Dual-Core and true Extended Temperature offerings provide unparalleled flexibility for all types of embedded x86 applications.
The CSB1790 uses Cogent’s own MXM-2 based form factor which allows for full access to all of the CPU’s functionality with no restrictions.The on-board SODIMM Memory socket allows up to 16GB DDR3L-1600 with ECC. With an on-board SSD socket the CSB1790 is highly optimized for SWaP (Size, Weight and Power) sensitive requirements.
FEATURED PRODUCT HIGHLIGHTS
- CPU – 2.0Ghz Quad, 64-Bit x86 compatible “Jaguar+” cores
- SDRAM – 72-Bit Wide DDR3L-1600 w/ ECC SODIMM Socket up to 16GB
- SSD – M.2 2242 size SATA Module
- FLASH – On-Board 8MByte SPI NOR for BIOS
- PCI EXPRESS – One x4 and Two x1 GEN II (5g/s) Ports
- ETHERNET – Dual 10/100/1000 Copper Ports
- SATA – Two SATA Gen 3 Controllers
- USB – Two USB 3.0 and Four USB 2.0 Ports
- MECHANICAL – 75mm x 75mm x 11.2mm
EMBEDDED MARKETS & APPLICATIONS
The feature set of the CSB1790 allow for it to be utilized in a vast collection of embedded markets. With a simple off-the-shelf or custom platform it can be used in these diverse industry applications and many more:
- Machine Control
- HMI (Human Machine Interface)
- Medical Monitoring
- Digital Signage
- POS (Point of Sale Retail)
- Automotive (Infotainment Systems)
- Multi-Head Multimedia
- IoT (Internet of Things Command & Control)
- Home Automation
- Building Automation and Security Systems
- Hospitality Automation & Entertainment
- Home Theater PC
Using the Passmark Performance Test 7.0, we compared two versions of the CSB1790 against the competition. In the chart to the right labeled “Passmark Performance Test 7.0” you can see the results of our benchmarking. Our Quad 2.0GHz Commercial temp and Quad 1.1GHz Industrial temp SOMs outperformed the competitions Quad 1.91GHz Industrial temperature offering in almost every category.
|Cogent Part Number
|AMD Model w/ GPU
|# of x86 Cores
- Learn more about AMD Embedded Solutions
- CSB1790-xxx full technical specifications
- CSB1790-xxx Product page
CUSTOM DESIGN SERVICES
Not every Embedded hardware requirement can be solved with an off-the-shelf solution. We at Cogent Computer Systems understand this and are here to help. With over 20 years of complex design experience, our design engineers will work with you to create a solution specifically tailored to fit your needs. Cogent has designed solutions for Low Power Medical Devices, Battery Operated Rugged Handhelds, Power over Ethernet (PoE) Solutions, Thin Clients, Multi-Core Microserver platforms and more. Custom designs combine the proven technology of our standard SOM’s, our prior design experience and your custom IP. Using proven EDA tools to provide schematics, PCB layout and 3D modeling. Cogent can typically integrate all this in 4-6 weeks from concept to prototype. Contact us today at email@example.com to find out how we can free your engineering staff and reduce your risk! Here are a few reasons to choose Cogent Computer Systems for your design needs:
- Flexible Business Model
- 3D Design Model provided before Prototypes
- Direct Contact and Support with your projects Design Engineers
- Low NRE Design Cost
- Modular Designs can be flattened into Single Board solutions to fit your specifications
- Integration of your Custom Enclosure 3D model with our Custom Design for review
- Prototypes and Design Refinement done on our In-House Manufacturing Line, allowing your design to be handed to your CM Production Ready!
- Support provided to your High Volume CM, making the transition from Prototype to Production seamless
- In-House Manufacturing allows us to support your Lower Volume needs for Beta and Pre-Production programs.
ABOUT COGENT COMPUTER SYSTEMS
Cogent Computer Systems, Inc., has been designing, manufacturing and delivering advanced embedded hardware since 1992. We originally produced SBC’s for software developers but as more and more functionality was integrated onto the CPU it became economically feasible to design and produce boards which could be used for both OEM use and software development.
Cogent proudly manufactures our modules, development boards and custom carriers in-house on our own SMT production facility here in Rhode Island, USA. Cogent builds lead free, but also supports leaded techniques to support high reliability environments. Cogent builds to the international standards IPC-610 Class 2 and Class 3.
Image Available: http://www.marketwire.com/library/MwGo/2014/10/21/11G024267/Images/COGENT-FRONT-01-SILO-p194n8i2261j7j3qgili1ov4l5s-1364191581200.jpg
Image Available: http://www.marketwire.com/library/MwGo/2014/10/21/11G024267/Images/COGENT-BACK-01-SILO-p194n9k34q7oh1oa21iq3ev58r7-91905484864.jpg
Image Available: http://www.marketwire.com/library/MwGo/2014/10/21/11G024267/Images/PASSMARK-942102754954.jpg
Image Available: http://www.marketwire.com/library/MwGo/2014/10/21/11G024267/Images/csb1702opc_top_right-598802684411.JPG
Image Available: http://www.marketwire.com/library/MwGo/2014/10/21/11G024267/Images/technol4-1318323493551.jpg