Amtel, Inc., the leader in enterprise mobile collaboration, today launched its new Amtel Plum secure mobile communicator that combines multi-media text messaging and calling using a single business-only phone number in a secure workspace for BYOD phones and tablets.
With a 5-minute setup, the easy-to-deploy cloud solution enables companies to simplify mobile collaboration, with workspace separation and archival capabilities for compliance. With its containerized system, Plum protects employees’ privacy by providing a separate mobile app and phone number for business communication on a personal device.
In many BYOD environments, employees routinely rely on consumer apps like WhatsApp or Skype for enterprise messaging, or use their personal phone numbers for calls and text messages to business contacts. This not only introduces a range of security and privacy concerns but also makes mobile expense management a problem because of costly BYOD stipends and cumbersome reimbursement processes.
“BYOD management is a huge challenge for companies that are trying to balance the need for data security and employee privacy,” said Pankaj (PJ) Gupta, Amtel’s CEO and chief architect. “Where most solutions focus only on email and enterprise apps and still leave companies guessing when it comes to calling and texting, Plum resolves all of those issues by providing all-in-one secure text messaging plus business calling on a dedicated phone number, protecting enterprise collaboration in a separate workspace.”
The Plum secure mobile communicator protects employee privacy and safeguards corporate data with:
- secure multimedia text messaging, including audio, video and file transmission, for peer-to-peer or group-level text in a business workspace;
- secure calling with integrated voicemail on a smartphone or tablet with seamless call transfer between Wi-Fi and 3G/4G/LTE networks for the best call quality at the lowest data usage;
- a dedicated business-only phone number for both messaging and calling that eliminates the need to give out personal numbers, making it easy for colleagues and clients to contact employees with one-number reach; and that number shows up on Caller ID, masking employees’ personal number for privacy;
- international calling that eliminates roaming charges and the need to use calling cards, plus compatibility with any country’s local SIM for low in-country calling and data rates on the existing mobile phone;
- enterprise data protection with SSAE 16 Type II compliance, AES-256 data encryption with secure transport;
- archival of messages, attachments and call logs, within an audit-ready secure container, for HIPAA and SOX compliance;
- fast, simple configuration to provision and manage new numbers, users, groups and security policies at a granular level, plus integration with Active Directory for managing corporate contacts;
- no carrier involvement required for moves, additions, changes or removals;
- an easy-to-use, lightweight mobile app that’s Bluetooth-ready for both iOS and Android smartphones and tablets.
The Plum secure mobile communicator is part of Amtel’s complete, award-winning portfolio of enterprise mobile collaboration solutions for BYOD environments. Plum integrates seamlessly with Amtel’s mobile security and expense management products that enable enterprises to fully leverage the efficiency and flexibility of BYOD mobility with security, ease and cost-effectiveness.
To get started with a free trial of Plum or to learn more, visit www.amtelnet.com.
Amtel simplifies enterprise mobile collaboration, helping organizations to improve operating efficiency, mobile worker productivity and customer experience, by securing data access, messaging and calling from BYOD and corporate mobile devices. Amtel is the only vendor that provides an integrated solution for all three aspects of enterprise mobility — communications, security and management. The entire solution is managed from a single, intuitive Web console for enterprise mobility management. Headquartered in Santa Clara, CA in the heart of Silicon Valley, Amtel is known for its relentless customer focus and rapid innovation, empowering the mobile revolution in enterprises. For more information, visit www.amtelnet.com.