Technology market research firm Infonetics Research, now part of IHS Inc. (NYSE: IHS), today released excerpts from its fourth quarter 2014 (4Q14) and year-end Enterprise Session Border Controllers market share, size and forecasts report, which tracks enterprise session border controller (eSBC) session shipments and vendor revenue.
“Enterprise session border controllers are increasingly being packaged as part of a larger sale of unified communications (UC) and contact center solutions in conjunction with SIP trunking. In 2014, worldwide eSBC revenue rose to $271 million, a 6 percent gain over 2013,” said Diane Myers, principal analyst for VoIP, UC, and IMS at Infonetics Research, now part of IHS.
ENTERPRISE SBC MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- Growth in the enterprise SBC market is being driven by businesses’ use of Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) trunking services, interconnection between disparate systems and support of remote workers and cloud UC services
- In 4Q14, eSBC revenue reached $73 million, with 2.5 million sessions shipped
- At $29, the average revenue-per-session for eSBCs is considerably lower than that of traditional VoIP-TDM gateways
- Garnering three-fourths of total sales in 2014, North America is the primary region for eSBCs, though adoption is accelerating in other regions, especially Europe
- The top 4 eSBC market share leaders in 2014 were AudioCodes, Cisco, Oracle and Sonus Networks (in alphabetical order)
eSBC REPORT SYNOPSIS
Infonetics’ quarterly enterprise SBC report provides worldwide and regional market size, market share, forecasts through 2019, analysis and trends for enterprise SBC revenue and sessions by system and business size in North America, EMEA, Asia Pacific and CALA. Companies tracked: Adtran, Alcatel-Lucent, AudioCodes, Avaya, Cisco, Dialogic, Edgewater, Ingate, InnoMedia, Media5, OneAccess, Oracle, Sangoma, Sonus, Unify, others. To purchase the report, contact Infonetics: www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
RELATED REPORT EXCERPTS
- Enterprise PBX Market Continues Slide Despite Improving Economic Conditions
- SIP Trunking Services Push eSBC Market up 11% from a Year Ago
- Enterprise Unified Communications and Voice Equipment Forecast (Mar.)
- Enterprise Telepresence and Video Conferencing Equipment Forecast (Mar.)
- UC Cloud and On-Premises Strategies and Vendor Leadership Survey (Mar.)
- VoIP and UC Services and Subscribers Forecast (Apr.)
- Cloud UC Service Provider North America Scorecard (May)
INFONETICS WEBINARS (https://www.infonetics.com/infonetics-events)
- Next-Generation DDoS Mitigation: Leveraging Hybrid On-Premise and Cloud Solutions (Apr. 7: Attend)
- Making WiFi Networks Smarter (May 20: Learn more)
- Rethinking Secure Mobile Access to the Enterprise (Watch now)
- WebRTC as a Complement to UC Deployments (Sponsor)
- Evaluating Cloud Unified Communications: What to Consider (Sponsor)
TO PURCHASE RESEARCH, PLEASE CONTACT:
North America (West), Asia Pacific:
Larry Howard Larry.Howard@ihs.com +1 408-583-3335
North America (East, Midwest), Latin America, EMEA:
Scott Coyne Scott.Coyne@ihs.com +1 408-583-3395
Greater China, Southeast Asia, India: 大中华区
Jeffrey Song Jeffrey.Song@ihs.com +86 21-3919-8505
Takashi Kimura, TAK Analytics email@example.com +81 3-6408-5566
About IHS (www.ihs.com)
IHS (NYSE: IHS) is the leading source of insight, analytics and expertise in critical areas that shape today’s business landscape. Businesses and governments in more than 150 countries around the globe rely on the comprehensive content, expert independent analysis and flexible delivery methods of IHS to make high-impact decisions and develop strategies with speed and confidence. IHS has been in business since 1959 and became a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange in 2005. Headquartered in Englewood, Colorado, USA, IHS is committed to sustainable, profitable growth and employs about 8,800 people in 32 countries around the world.
IHS is a registered trademark of IHS Inc. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners. © 2015 IHS Inc. All rights reserved.
About Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com)
Infonetics Research, now part of IHS (NYSE: IHS), is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize and compete more effectively. Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.