Predict Ventures, a holding company with a focus on the development of new data services, products and business processes, launches its flagship company, Predict Consulting, a New York-based data consulting firm for the media and advertising industries.
Predict Consulting focuses on applying audience and consumer data to drive revenue, operations and paid-media marketing. The consulting firm’s areas of expertise include product development, programmatic and advertising technology optimization, and increasing audience engagement through product and content personalization.
Comprised of media, data and tech industry veterans, Predict Consulting is a partnership led by five digital marketing pioneers with significant experience in the media and advertising technology marketplace. The Predict Consulting team has worked with big global media brands and has also successfully scaled innovation-driven entrepreneurial ventures. Clients at launch include A+E, AMC, The Sundance Institute and Canada’s Corus Entertainment.
“The application and activation of data today is analogous to the first wave of the web as a necessary channel for all business and the second wave of mobile as the point of engagement. We are in the early days of the data wave and there are early adopter data-driven organizations today, but all organizations will ultimately apply data to drive business,” said Ed Vincent, managing partner, Predict Ventures.
Predict Consulting has additional offices in Princeton, New Jersey, and Toronto, Canada, and employs 20 consultants in addition to its five founding partners. Predict Consulting’s founding partners are:
- Ed Vincent, a successful entrepreneur with 20 years of business management, finance, consulting and marketing experience. Vincent previously founded and led Citystuff, Inc., a nationwide e-commerce network and SimplyEngage, an integrated marketing solutions company helping brands engage with audiences locally online. SimplyEngage was acquired by modomodo in 2014 and Vincent is currently a member of its board of directors.
- Chris Bryant, a digital media pioneer who founded one of the first big dot com agencies, T3 Media. T3 Media became the interactive agency of record for divisions of major companies such as Microsoft, Deutsche Bank and American Express. Bryant successfully built the company nationally and remained CEO after selling it in 1999. Bryant has since been a partner, board member or adviser to a variety of businesses, including Rhino Media, a leading mobile advertising network.
- Jeff Marcus, a media and technology veteran who previously served as CTO of 24/7 Real Media (now Xaxis) before its sale to WPP for $650 million. He was also an executive at DoubleClick prior to its acquisition by Google. Additionally, Marcus is the founder and CEO of Sparkway, a leading custom software development company.
- Allen Wyke, an innovator with more than 20 years of experience in digital media, online advertising, software and eCommerce. Wyke has led digital technology and product development teams for major media companies including CNN and NBCUniversal’s iVillage. The author of over a dozen books for developers and programmers, Wyke has also served as a consultant to AOL, The GRAMMYs, American Media and USA Today.
- Philip Kearney, a digital product strategist and leader in growing and scaling businesses. Kearney has worked with Fortune 500 companies, as well as new ventures, such as Dun & Bradstreet, AOL, American Media, CNN, Russell Simmons’ Global Grind and RadarOnline.com. He also is a member of Iris.TV’s board of directors, and serves on the board of advisors for AFKTravel and Matchpoint Careers, among others.
Predict Consulting’s services include defining and implementing the proper data technology stack within organizations to allow companies to apply data-driven decision-making to the core business.
“Krux has engaged with the Predict team on some of our implementations with major media companies. It’s refreshing to have a talented team like Predict to collaborate with when guiding mutual clients in deploying the proper technology stack to capture, unify, and activate first-party data assets,” said Matt Kilmartin, chief revenue officer, Krux.
Future Predict Ventures companies will fall into three categories:
- Knowledge — helping media and advertising organizations aggregate, enrich and activate data. Predict Consulting is Ventures’ first knowledge company launch.
- Product — software solutions that provide data enablement and activation.
- Investment — deployment of data capital as a currency to invest in early-stage companies.
About Predict Ventures
Predict Ventures operates Predict, a data consulting firm, comprised of experienced, senior-level executives with diverse skill sets in corporate strategy, data expertise, business development, programmatic architecture and specialized technology development and procurement. Predict Consulting quickly assesses, implements and activates programmatic and data-driven solutions for media industry clients. For more information, visit www.simplypredict.com.