Slacker Radio, a leading Internet radio service, today announced a new version of its application that gives top billing to Slacker’s exclusive original shows. With hundreds of episodes now available, Slacker is building an unrivaled archive of content that is based on interactive storytelling from its hosts and top artists.
Slacker is the first and only radio experience to offer original, interactive programming on a major scale. In the latest version, listeners have access to a variety of colorful programming such as artist-curated shows and themed stations that provide commentary and background information to complement the music. Coupled with a newly designed user interface, music lovers can more easily access Slacker’s original content and create their optimal listening experience, whether it be laid back, on demand or music discovery.
“Since our inception Slacker has been focused on reinventing the radio experience, an attribute that sets us apart from other terrestrial, Internet radio or satellite music services,” said Duncan Orrell-Jones, CEO, Slacker Radio. “We believe the magic of music listening does not come from the music catalog alone, rather the way in which the song is delivered to the listener. “The latest version of Slacker is all about providing an interactive combination of music, personality and storytelling, that can’t be found in any other music service today.”
With the new release, Slacker is showcasing 12 original shows which boast over 250 interactive episodes. This initial wave of original content includes:
- The Count-Up: Over 100 episodes showcasing the biggest songs from major artists, as dictated by the listening patterns of Slacker users
- Ranked: Slacker curators bring you the best, worst, funniest and weirdest from the intersection of music & pop culture, with topics like “44 Greatest Living Guitar Gods” and “The 55 Most Controversial Songs of All Time”
- Artist DNA: Take a journey into what makes your favorite artists tick, with a mixture of music and expert commentary. New episodes are added weekly covering every major artist (new and old) from every genre
- The Twenty: Pop culture, holidays, current events: these are 20 songs with a unifying theme, such as “East Coast Hip Hop” and “Songs Dads Like”
- Goes To 11: Passionate musicians talk about their inspirations and tell the stories behind their favorite artists and songs
- Throwback Thirty: A countdown of the hottest Slacker songs from five years ago, updated the first Thursday of each month with flashback commentary on what we’re all talking about and listening to
- I Am The DJ: Leading artists curate and host their own stations, featuring stories, music and surprises
For more information about Slacker, or to listen for free, visit www.slacker.com
Slacker Radio is next-generation personalized radio, allowing music lovers to choose from the broadest selection of human-curated music, news and sports stations that are personalized to their taste. Listeners can also create their own stations from a catalog of songs 10 times as large as the leading service. Slacker can be accessed for free from virtually any mobile device and most new car models.