Sigma Systems announced that 2008 was a record year for the company, having reached a number of corporate and industry milestones. This was also a breakout year for Sigma Systems as it took a leadership role in Service-Layer Transformation, multiplay fulfillment and Advanced Advertising solutions for both cable and telecom service providers.
“Despite the global economic downturn, 2008 was a very good year for Sigma Systems,” said Preston Gilmer, vice president of Product Marketing for Sigma Systems. “Not only have we greatly expanded our IP service fulfillment business, we have also extended our vast ecosystem of partners as we take a leadership position in the emerging areas of the delivery of the rich consumer experience and Advanced Advertising. Sigma is well positioned to help telecom and cable providers in 2009 realize new revenue streams through additional IP-based services, faster deployments, better bundling and even advertising opportunities.”
In 2008, Sigma Systems announced the following key corporate and industry milestones:
- Surpassed 100 million IP services under management worldwide, including broadband, digital TV, video on demand and residential and business voice
- Exceeded 7 million VoIP lines provisioned
- Launched Hosted Commercial VoIP Solution for small and medium businesses to provide VoIP provisioning to telcos and cable MSOs – via its existing Nortel partnership and the newly added partnership with BroadSoft
- Introduced an end-to-end Advanced Advertising solution in conjunction with partners ARRIS, Black Arrow and BIAP
The company also received global industry recognition and awards for its achievements, including:
- Internet Telephony Magazine naming Sigma’s Residential VoIP solution the OSS Software Product of the Year
- Ernst & Young honoring Sigma’s President and COO Tim Spencer as a finalist for its Ontario Entrepreneur of the Year Award
- The Branham 300 ranking Sigma Systems as No. 82 among all Canadian technology companies and No. 18 among the largest software companies
- Canadian Business Profit 100’s ranking of Sigma in the Top 100 Fastest Growing Companies
- Red Herring Canada listing Sigma in its Top 50 Companies to Watch
In 2008, Sigma also led the way among OSS providers in adopting industry standards, such as Tru2Way, IPDR and SCTE 130, that support advanced digital services for both telecom and cable networks.
“To offset the decline in their voice revenues, operators must move quickly to offer new content, video and advertising services. And there is a pressing need to deploy standards-based approaches spanning the distinctly different worlds of cable and telco,” said Martina Kurth, research director at Gartner, Inc. “To avoid becoming simply utility bandwidth providers, operators have a narrowing window of opportunity to come up with modern, agile IT and network infrastructures able to support new, revenue-generating digital services. Adequate investments in advanced tools will be essential to support innovative and reliable premium services, which will be a key competitive differentiator in the fight for the customer wallet.”
To arrange a detailed briefing with Sigma Systems, contact Juliet Shavit at email@example.com .
About Sigma Systems
Sigma Systems is the proven global leader in delivering advanced IP service fulfillment solutions. Sigma’s powerful solutions enable the world’s Communications Service Providers (CSPs) to deliver a Rich Consumer Experience through communications and entertainment services—over any access technology to any device. The company’s award-winning solutions include order management, provisioning and activation, and active mediation of residential and business VoIP, and Triple, Quad and All-Play services. CSPs trust Sigma for business transformation and innovative solutions with market-leading expertise for the delivery of today’s—and tomorrow’s—new services. For more information about Sigma, visit www.sigma-systems.com .