US Electrodynamics, Inc. (USEI), a satellite and telecommunications company headquartered in Washington State that operates teleports in both Brewster, Washington and Vernon Valley, New Jersey, selected Ciena’s (NYSE: CIEN) packet networking portfolio to upgrade its network to a 100G backbone.
USEI’s customer growth and demand necessitates an expansion from its current national 10G network. By building its own dedicated terrestrial network, USEI brings capacity closer to the network edge, enabling its customers to scale bandwidth in near real-time providing enhanced service levels. Implementing this network enables USEI to reduce or eliminate long terrestrial lead times from impacting service delivery.
- As USEI supports a variety of customers across the broadcast, aviation, maritime and government sectors, the Washington State-based company needed a packet networking solution to increase its bandwidth options and meet different network requirements. By integrating Ciena’s 5170 Service Aggregation Switch, USEI’s network will have the flexibility to scale and satisfy its customers’ growing bandwidth demands.
- Additionally, with Ciena’s 5170 Service Aggregation Switch, USEI will increase its network port density using less space. New scaling capabilities also gives USEI the ability to configure circuits to its customers’ network requirements enabling higher cost efficiencies. End-to-end testing will be conducted to prove circuit configuration and connectivity through the 5170 Service Aggregation Switch.
- An important differentiator for USEI is the service deployment velocity enabled by Ciena’s zero-touch provisioning (ZTP) characteristics. This allows USEI to automate the rapid deployment of new packet-based services in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
- “This USEI network upgrade to support 100G is central to our ability in staying ahead of today’s customer requirements while in parallel, building a network that supports the latest advantages of data science and data transport utilizing machine learning and deep learning to enable a better future of the highest speed networks, from very small to very big.”
– Jim Veeder, Chief Executive Officer and USEI Owner
- “Scalability and flexibility are paramount for today’s networks to meet fluctuating capacity demands and requirements. Ciena’s packet networking portfolio brings a great advantage for USEI to upgrade its network to 100G at an affordable cost, while delivering an optimized user experience for customers.”
– Bruce Hembree, Vice President and General Manager of North America Sales, Ciena
About US Electrodynamics, Inc.
USEI is a premier communications company providing customers across all verticals communications solutions with terrestrial or satellite connectivity or both. Operating major teleport facilities on the East and West coasts of the US, USEI delivers fast reliable services for “Bringing the World Together.” For more information, please visit www.usei-teleport.com.
Ciena (NYSE: CIEN) is a networking systems, services, and software company. We provide solutions that help our clients create more adaptive networks in response to the constantly changing demands of their users. By delivering best-in-class networking technology through high-touch consultative relationships, we build the world’s most sophisticated networks with automation and scale. For updates on Ciena, follow us on Twitter @Ciena, LinkedIn, the Ciena Insights blog, or visit www.ciena.com.
Note to Ciena Investors
You are encouraged to review the Investors section of our website, where we routinely post press releases, SEC filings, recent news, financial results, and other announcements. From time to time we exclusively post material information to this website along with other disclosure channels that we use. This press release contains certain forward-looking statements that are based on our current expectations, forecasts, information and assumptions. These statements involve inherent risks and uncertainties. Actual results or outcomes may differ materially from those stated or implied, because of risks and uncertainties, including those detailed in our most recent annual and quarterly reports filed with the SEC. Forward-looking statements include statements regarding our expectations, beliefs, intentions or strategies and can be identified by words such as “anticipate,” “believe,” “could,” “estimate,” “expect,” “intend,” “may,” “should,” “will,” and “would” or similar words. Ciena assumes no obligation to update the information included in this press release, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.