Unisys Corporation (NYSE:UIS) today announced that its Unisys Global Services Center (UGSC) in Shanghai has earned the Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI ® ) level 3 rating. This follows the center’s recent attainment of four other key industry certifications: ISO/IEC 20000, ISO/IEC 27001, SAS No. 70 and ISO 9001. The certifications further confirm UGSC as a leader in adopting industry best practices for IT outsourcing in China.
“To achieve all five important industry certifications is a distinct achievement by our Shanghai team,” said Dr. David J. Blanton, vice president and general manager, Global Sourcing, Unisys. “This demonstrates UGSC’s dedication to producing the best possible products and services for our clients. The fact that our team achieved such noteworthy certifications solidifies Unisys position in the marketplace as a provider of world-class application services, and is indicative of the professionalism and dedication of the Unisys China team.”
To further enable high-quality global outsourcing services, UGSC has taken the following steps:
- Institutionalized Unisys Rational Unified Process (URUP). URUP is Unisys software methodology to support its Unisys 3D Blueprinting approach, a services-driven methodology that provides clients greater visibility into critical linkages and relationships among various levels of the organization, from strategy to IT infrastructure, enabling them to see the effects of critical decisions in advance;
- Established a service management framework that complies with the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) guidelines for delivering services-led solutions;
- Implemented information security controls aligned with Unisys global security standard. UGSC provides security services for clients;
- Helps US listed clients fulfill their Sarbanes-Oxley (SoX) compliance accountability on outsourced operations; and
- Integrated complementary quality frameworks – ISO 9001, ISO/IEC 20000, ISO/IEC 27001, CMMI and SAS 70 – into a consistent business process and practice.
TC Kong, vice president, Global Services, Unisys, said: “UGSC is proud of the certifications, which cement Unisys position as a serious and dependable provider of outsourcing and offshoring solutions in China. Unisys has taken a proactive and systematic approach to create a high-quality delivery capability. Because Unisys meets independent industry certification levels, customers can expect strong process and product quality, security, serviceability, and compliance.”
UGSC provides software development and maintenance; remote IT operations management such as server administration, database administration, network administration, and 7×24 operations support; business process outsourcing; and technical helpdesks, such as those for corporate desktop support and ISP customer support. Its IT Outsourcing Operations Center provides a wide range of IT outsourcing solutions.
The Unisys Shanghai UGSC, together with other Unisys global sourcing centers, provides services to multinational clients in the financial, commercial and telecommunications sectors.
Unisys is a worldwide information technology services and solutions company. We provide consulting, systems integration, outsourcing and infrastructure services, combined with powerful enterprise server technology. We specialise in helping clients use information to create efficient, secure business operations that allow them to achieve their business goals. Our consultants and industry experts work with clients to understand their business challenges and create greater visibility into critical linkages throughout their operations. For more information, visit www.unisys.com .
Notes to Editors on Standards Cited in This Press Release
- Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) is a process improvement approach that provides organizations with the essential elements of effective processes. It can be used to guide process improvement across a project, a division, or an entire organization.
- ISO/IEC 20000 promotes the adoption of an integrated process approach to effectively deliver managed services to meet business and customer requirements. It is fully compatible with the ITIL framework of best practice guidance for IT Service Management (ITSM) processes. ISO/IEC 20000 focuses on seven areas: service delivery and support, planning to implement services, security management, business perspective, resolution management, control process management and release management.
- ISO/IEC 27001 specifies the requirements for establishing, implementing, operating, monitoring, reviewing, maintaining and improving a documented Information Security Management System within the context of the organization’s overall business risks. It focuses on 12 main areas: risk assessment, security policy, organization of information security, asset management, human resources security, physical and environmental security, communications and operations management, access control, information systems acquisition, development and maintenance, information security incident management, business continuity management and compliance.
- Statement on Auditing Standards (SAS) No. 70, Service Organizations , is a widely recognized auditing standard developed by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA). SAS No. 70 is the authoritative guidance that allows service organizations to disclose their control activities and processes to their customers and their customers’ auditors in a uniform reporting format.
- ISO 9001 specifies requirements for a quality management system where an organization needs to demonstrate its ability to consistently provide product that meets customer and applicable regulatory requirements, as well as aims to enhance customer satisfaction through the effective application of the system.
RELEASE NO.: 1124/8931
Unisys is a registered trademark of Unisys Corporation. All other brands and products referenced herein are acknowledged to be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.