Paessler AG (www.paessler.com), a leading provider of network monitoring and performance optimization solutions, today announced the release of PRTG Network Monitor version 8. Primary new features include fail-over clustering, a redesigned web interface, support for Google Maps and native Linux monitoring.
With version 8, Paessler has also simplified its licensing model to be free of add-ons. PRTG now allows you to monitor your network without worrying about paying extra money for additional features; all licenses now include all monitoring features and functionalities, as well as an unlimited number of remote probes. This eliminates additional costs, as well as the complex installation or configuration of add-ons.
“PRTG 8 takes our solution to a new level in a variety of ways,” said Dirk Paessler, CEO and founder, Paessler AG. “In addition to dozens of technological enhancements, our all-in-one licensing model is more cost-effective and makes your job easier. This gives our users a major advantage over users of other network monitoring solutions, yet we still offer the most cost-effective option amongst our direct competition.”
Here is a glimpse at PRTG 8’s key new features:
- Higher security: the PRTG cluster function allows users to build a fail-safe, distributed monitoring system.
- Newly designed web interface, including a mini-HTML interface for mobile access, specifically designed for iPhone and Blackberry, as well as Android and Windows Mobile devices
- New Google Maps support integrated in the web interface for displaying geographical maps
- Advanced “Maps” functions for creating custom network views
- Real time availability of historic data
- Integrated, native Linux monitoring functions
- Monitoring of virtual environments (VMware, HyperV, Xen, Amazon Cloud Watch)
- Reliable alarm system via email, SMS, instant messenger, pager message, HTTP request, syslog, etc.
- Inclusion of a variety of new sensors and remote probes to monitor distributed systems; even xFlow sensors for monitoring via NetFlow or sFlow are included
PRTG 8 features several new sensors so users can monitor a wider variety of devices and services. All in all, the software has more than 80 sensor types for monitoring VoIP applications, websites, email servers, databases, applications and virtual environments. In addition, version 8 includes the ability to natively monitor Linux and UNIX environments, using seven new sensor types.
Another major enhancement to version 8 is true clustering: all cluster nodes (up to four) continuously monitor the network – optionally from different perspectives and, if desired, in a globally distributed network. Each “node” has its own database which ensures a continuous backup of PRTG’s configuration and monitoring data.
PRTG 8 is available now and starts at $400. For more information, please visit www.paessler.com/prtg.
About Paessler AG
Paessler AG leads the industry in providing the most powerful, affordable and easy-to-use network monitoring and testing solutions. The company’s suite of just-right software products deliver peace of mind, confidence and convenience for businesses of all sizes – from Small Office/Home Office (SOHO) to large enterprises, including more than 70% of the Fortune 100 companies. Based in Nuremberg, Bavaria/Germany, Paessler’s global reach includes more than 50,000 licenses sold and more than 150,000 active installations, including its robust freeware products, through its worldwide locations in Canada, Great Britain, Japan, the U.S. and others. Founded in 1997, Paessler AG remains a privately held company and is recognized as both a Cisco Technology Developer Partner and a VMware Technology Alliance Partner. For more information, visit www.paessler.com.