CyberLink Corp. (5203.TW) today launched YouCam 5, the latest version of its popular webcam software. Interoperable with leading web chat clients, YouCam 5 goes beyond video effects by adding innovative webcam usage models for both play and work. New features include:
- Face Login signs into Windows and popular sites such as Facebook, YouTube, Amazon and eBay by using a smart face recognition algorithm. No need to fill in usernames or passwords anymore.
- Face-out detects when users move out of the webcam frame and automatically locks, sleeps, or hibernates the PC to better protect your data. Users unlock their computers again using Face Login.
- Webcam Presentation embeds webcam faces into slides to create more personal and effective online presentations.
- Dual Webcam support for advanced users to produce creative vlogging content or online training videos.
“CyberLink combines webcams, faces and imaging and video technologies to create innovative usages,” said Alice H. Chang, CEO of CyberLink Corp. “While YouCam retains all the fantastic fun effects, in this new version we added smart features to make YouCam the ideal webcam software for the home and workplace.”
Key Features and Usages for Webcams:
- Sign in with Face Login: Advanced facial recognition technology to login to Windows and online websites.
- Interact with Augmented Reality: Use webcams and patterns to generate virtual 3D objects.
- Create videos with interactive fun effects: Includes filters, headgear, emoticons, frames and virtual scenes to create fun videos and to express yourself while chatting online.
- Takecenter stage with FaceTracking technology: Tracks your face accurately for applying headgear gadgets, avatars, cool effects and to ensure you’re always the focus in online chats.
- Look better with TrueTheater® technology: Enhances lighting and removes noise from captured videos to make you look better on screen.
- Create effective presentations and tutorials: Import PowerPoint files to create effective webcam video presentations. Capture your PC screen in HD or use support for dual webcam streams to produce compelling tutorials and training videos.
- Download unlimited FREE effects from DirectorZone: A repository of uploaded content from thousands of creative users, DirectorZone is home to extra effects, 3D objects, avatars, and more.
- Share videos to social networks: Users can now publish HD videos to YouTube, Facebook and DirectorZone directly from YouCam.
- Surveillance mode: Set YouCam to automatically activate recording when any kind of motion is detected; and get notified by email.
YouCam 5 is available online, supporting the following languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Japanese, and Korean. CyberLink offers OEM versions to PC and CE manufacturing customers, while a free trial download is also available from the CyberLink website.
CyberLink YouCam Versions
YouCam 5 Deluxe: £36.99
YouCam 5 Standard: £25.99
Upgrades for previous YouCam versions are available starting at £12.99
CyberLink Corp is the leader and pioneer in enabling digital multimedia on PCs, CEs and mobile devices through the use of video editing software, video player software, and other multimedia solutions. Backed by a group of high-caliber software engineers, CyberLink owns its core codec and a number of patented technologies. CyberLink has built a solid reputation for delivering high-quality, interoperable, and fast time-to-market solutions that keep our OEM partners on the leading edge. Our business partners include leaders in the PC industry: top-5 desktop and notebook providers, optical drive manufacturers and graphic-card makers. Today, CyberLink’s software solutions include: complete applications for Blu-ray Disc playback and creation; digital home entertainment; and touch-enabled media solution. With customers spanning from multi-national corporations to small/medium-sized businesses, and from power users to home users, CyberLink has enjoyed rapid and consistent growth leading to a record breaking IPO in 2000 on the Taiwan Over The Counter Exchange (OTC: 5203). Currently, CyberLink is listed on the Taiwan Stock Exchange (ticker symbol: 5203.TW). CyberLink’s worldwide headquarters is located in Taipei. To keep up with market demands, CyberLink has operations in North America, Europe and the Asia Pacific region, including Japan. For more information, please visit CyberLink’s website at http://www.cyberlink.com.