Lexmark’s commitment to driving shareholder value is reflected in its capital allocation framework of returning more than 50 percent of free cash flow, on average, to its shareholders through dividends and share repurchases, while continuing to invest to grow and strengthen its capabilities. Since March, the company has increased its quarterly dividend and also announced three acquisitions that strengthen its business through a more advanced, comprehensive solutions portfolio.
- Lexmark announced that it increased its quarterly dividend by 20 percent to $0.30 per share for Lexmark Class A Common Stock.
- Lexmark made three significant acquisitions recently adding Brainware, ISYS and Nolij to its portfolio of solutions companies. These acquisitions, in addition to Perceptive Software and Pallas Athena, strengthen Lexmark’s position as a unique, end-to-end solutions provider.
- Lexmark announced financial results for the first quarter of 2012. To access the earnings news release, click here, and for the earnings presentation information, click here.
- Lexmark published its 2011 Corporate Social Responsibility Report, which highlights the company’s ongoing social responsibility efforts worldwide, including environmental protection practices, as a responsible corporate citizen.
- Lexmark honored three recipients of INSPIRE: Lexmark’s Teaching Award. The program recognizes outstanding Central Kentucky area middle and high school science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) teachers. Lexmark presented each teacher with a $1,000 award to be used in furthering STEM education in his or her classroom.
Lexmark continued to garner a wide range of recognition for being a progressive, forward-thinking technology company that adds value for its customers and stakeholders. An area of particular strength is managed print services (MPS). Since last fall, Lexmark has added four significant MPS leadership designations to its services portfolio with the latest distinctions from Forrester Research, Inc. and Quocirca.
Lexmark’s new high-performance, business inkjet technology has received numerous accolades as evidenced by the positive third-party product reviews of the OfficeEdge Series.
Lexmark’s commitment to being a responsible global corporate citizen was also recognized with several prestigious honors, validating the company’s efforts and leadership in social and environmental stewardship.
- Lexmark was recently named an MPS market leader by two leading independent research firms, Forrester Research, Inc. and Quocirca.
- The Lexmark OfficeEdge Pro5500 Color MFPs received rave reviews this quarter from leading third-party product reviewers, including a Test Center Recommended rating from CRN, a Highly Recommended 2012 rating from Buyers Laboratory LLC, an Outstanding rating from Wirth Consulting and a 2012 Editor’s Choice award from Better Buys for Business.
- In April, Lexmark’s Scan to Sharepoint solution was recognized by Buyers Laboratory LLC with a 5-Star rating.
- Lexmark was named to CR Magazine’s 100 Best Corporate Citizens List, which is known as one of the world’s top corporate responsibility rankings based on publicly-available information.
- Lexmark has been named No. 15 among the top 100 best performing companies through inclusion in the Maplecroft CII Leaders. Inclusion in this Maplecroft Climate Innovation Index demonstrates superior management, mitigation and adaptation in the field of climate innovation. More than 360 U.S.-listed companies with free-float market capitalization of over $1 billion were rated and reviewed.
- The U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) awarded Lexmark with a 2011 Evergreen Award. Lexmark received the award in the technologies and electronics category for being an industry partner who conducts business in an environmentally friendly way.
Lexmark, and Lexmark companies Perceptive Software and Brainware, continued expanding their reach with the addition of several new customers, helping these companies bring greater efficiency to their employees and business processes with value-add software and services.
- Lexmark has been awarded a five-year, $50 million blanket purchase agreement by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) for an agency-wide MPS program. Lexmark’s MPS offerings are now available to all USDA agencies around the world.
- The University of Kansas plans to expand its use of Perceptive Software’s process and content management solutions from a few individual units to a university-wide contract. Under the initial expansion, seven business units will focus on improving the efficiency of multiple business processes such as invoice processing.
- Brainware announced that Concur, the leading provider of integrated travel and expense management services, has selected Brainware Distiller for the capture of header and line-item field data within the company’s invoice processing solution, providing optimized processing efficiency and enabling Concur to process greater volumes while increasing the level of automation delivered to their customers.
- The University of Pennsylvania (UPenn) Health System, a Philadelphia-based network of renowned healthcare facilities, has successfully implemented a combined Brainware and Ascend solution for accounts payable automation, including real-time integration with Lawson ERP. UPenn Health System will leverage these technologies for the imaging of HR documents.
- Bupa, a UK-based international healthcare group serving more than 10 million customers in 190 countries around the world, has implemented Brainware Distiller to increase efficiency in accounts payable processing at the organization’s UK Invoice Payments Centers. This project will enable the touchless processing and validation of header and line item data into Bupa’s PeopleSoft ERP system, supporting the group’s goal of optimizing the re-investment of profits for the benefit of its customers.
Products, Software, Solutions and Services
In recent months, Lexmark has expanded its business-focused product offerings with the addition of new solutions and color workgroup hardware, which support the company’s growth with enterprise customers. Additionally, Perceptive Software and Brainware introduced software in two rapidly growing categories – mobile computing and cloud-based offerings.
- Lexmark announced the Distributed Intelligent Capture Solution that integrates Lexmark Document Distributor+ with Brainware software, allowing customers to intelligently connect business documents and processes.
- Lexmark introduced the Lexmark Accessibility Speech Solution, which expands Lexmark’s usability enhancements for visually impaired users. The solution helps visually impaired users better understand the status of their printer and how to remedy any issues.
- Lexmark introduced two new families of color laser products, the Lexmark X740 and C740 Series, that build upon the company’s long-standing leadership and expertise in enterprise printing and imaging. With these new printers and MFPs, Lexmark has enhanced its color offerings for workgroups of 10 to 15 people who require the latest productivity-enhancing software advancements and robust, high-quality color printing.
- Perceptive Software announced the launch of the Interact Mobile product family that enables mobile device users to access information and participate in business processes powered by Perceptive Software solutions. With Interact Mobile, users can participate in business processes, seamlessly view and interact with associated content, update a case, and make informed decisions from their mobile device anywhere.
- Perceptive Software announced the introduction of ECM integration with Microsoft Dynamics AX. Perceptive Software’s Interact for Microsoft Dynamics AX solution builds on the innovative AX 2012 platform with integrated document capture and retrieval technology that makes related information instantly accessible within any AX 2012 list page or detail screen.
- Brainware released Brainware Distiller as a Service (DaaS), a cloud-based version of the Brainware Distiller platform for template-free classification, extraction and processing of unstructured data, hosted on Microsoft Azure.
- 1Q12 Earnings News Release
- 1Q12 Earnings Presentation
- Lexmark Managed Print Services
- Lexmark Corporate Social Responsibility
Lexmark International, Inc. (NYSE: LXK) provides businesses of all sizes with a broad range of printing and imaging products, software, solutions and services that help customers to print less and save more. Perceptive Software, a Lexmark company, is a leading provider of process and content management software that helps organizations fuel greater operational efficiency. In 2011, Lexmark sold products in more than 170 countries and reported more than $4 billion in revenue.
Lexmark and Lexmark with diamond design are trademarks of Lexmark International, Inc., registered in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
All prices, features, specifications and capabilities are subject to change without notice.