Kingston Technology Co., Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, announced today that its DataTraveler ® Vault – Privacy Edition (DTVP) USB Flash drive is now compatible with Apple ® Mac ® operating systems (OSX 10.4x – 10.5x).
“Our DataTraveler Vault – Privacy Edition has been popular with enterprise and government customers who use Windows-based systems and are looking for a safe and secure way to transport portable data,” said Mark Akoubian, Flash memory business manager, Kingston ® . “We are happy to add Mac support to this 100-percent secured drive so the Apple community can be assured they have an on-the-go storage solution that is the best on the market at safeguarding data.”
Data onboard the DTVP is secured by hardware-based, on-the-fly, 256-bit Advanced Encryption Standard (AES). The drive has fast data transfer rates and is protected from brute-force attacks by locking down after 10 unsuccessful login attempts. After lockdown, a reformat is necessary to make the Flash drive operable again. For additional protection, the DTVP is made of aluminum and is waterproof up to a depth of four feet.
Kingston DataTraveler Vault – Privacy Edition Features/Specifications
- Fully Supports Macintosh OS
- Full Encryption: 100 percent of stored data is protected by hardware-based, 256-bit Advanced Encryption Standard (AES)
- Fast: data transfer rates of up to 24 MB/sec. read and up to 10 MB/sec write*
- Secure: drive locks down and reformats after 10 intrusion attempts
- Enforced Password Protection: complex password is user set with minimum characteristics to prevent unauthorized access
- Easy to Use: no admin rights or application installation required
- Guaranteed: five-year warranty with 24/7 customer support
- Durable: aluminum casing
- Waterproof: protects against water damage**
- Dimensions: 3.06 x 0.9 x 0.47 (77.9 mm x 22.2 mm x 12.05 mm)
- Capacities***: 2GB, 4GB, 8GB, 16GB, 32GB
- Compatibility: designed to USB 2.0 specifications
- Operating Temperatures: 32º F to 140º F (0º C to 60º C)
- Storage Temperatures: -4º F to 185º F (-20º C to 85º C)
* Speed may vary due to host hardware, software and usage
** Up to 4 ft.; conforms to IEC 60529 IPX8. Product must be clean and dry before use.
*** Please note: Some of the listed capacity is used for formatting and other functions and thus is not available for data storage. For more information, please consult Kingston’s Flash Memory Guide at Kingston.com/Flash_Memory_Guide.
About Kingston Digital, Inc.
Kingston Digital, Inc. (“KDI”) is the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the world’s largest independent manufacturer of memory products. Established in 2008, KDI is headquartered in Fountain Valley, California, USA. For more information, please visit www.kingston.com or call 800-337-8410.